Back on February the 7th I posted my Bullet Point Business Plan for 2020. You can read it all here.
Now, it’s time for a half yearly catch up of said bullet point business plan.
I’ll post the whole list again (without what had already been done in January as that isn’t necessary now). What’s in green is done, orange is half done, red is shit ain’t got done!
Excuse the hillbilly in me, my grammar likes to take a hike sometimes.
Is that offensive to hillbillies?
Anyhoodle, here goes.
What I have ALMOST achieved is in orange, but those that are done are in green.
– 1 – The release of the four LJD standalone novels in large print and dust jacket hardcovers.
– 1.1 – The release of LJD’s Porn Star Brothers series in dust jacket hardcovers.
– 1.2 – The release of LJD’s Spiros & Jenny, the latest instalment of the Porn Star Brothers series, as a trade paperback in March.
– 2 – The release of the TKW’s trade paperback of Five Bone will be ready for March 2020, along with large print paperback, casebound hardcover and dust jacket hardcover.
– 2.1 – The release of ALL of TKW’s Bones books in casebound hardcovers, dust jacket hardcovers, and large print paperbacks.
– 3 – The release of the casebound hard covers of TK’s Poems Of A Musical Flavour along with the casebound hardcover and large print paperback of #Teenblogger: To Follow Or Not To Follow?.
– Poems 1-6 have been done and uploaded, I will await proofs before commenting. Waiting for the covers of the omnibus of Poems and Teenblogger.
– The novels and PSB series is having their finishing touches put on them and will be released across the next few months.
– All of the Bones books are in their final proofing stages and will be released in October for Halloween.
And I have these planned for doing…
– 1 – Write the next and last Porn Star Brothers book under LJD.
– 1.1 – Type them up, edit them, send them off for editing, edit some more.
– 1.2 – Get the covers done, check the proof, and release it as an e-book, paperback, and dust jacket hardcover in September to end the series.
– 2 – Write the next three stories and anthology under TKW.
– 2.1 – Type them up, edit them, send them off for editing, edit some more.
– 2.2 – Get the covers done, check the proofs, and release them in e-book, paperback, and hardcover formats in the second half of the year.
– 3 – Still see whether it will be worthwhile updating my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential under TK.
– 4 – Finish off the character lists I started, thanks to doing them for the Porn Star Brothers series as I’ve now spread it across all books, and upload them to LJD, TKW.
– 5 – Pick one day a month to schedule blog posts and weave my writing schedule around it.
– 5.1 – Comment more on other people’s blogs.
– 6 – Try and post to Insta, FB, TW more during the week across the board and pin to my Pinterest boards monthly.
– 7 – Get email mailing lists for my books, and newsletters set up on TK, TKW, LJD, and maybe JDS.
– 8 – Overhaul the websites for TK, TKW and RSP.
– 9 – I still want to get my jewellery back into its own website. I know I say this every year, but it’s still true. I still want it to happen.
On a personal note…
– 1 – Get my health sorted.
– 2 – Get my anger issues calmed down.
– 3 – Not work late into the night and every spare minute. Set a clock off time.
– 4 – Get a dog. Maybe.
On a business note…
– 1 – Get my print books into the National Library and apply for Public Lending Rights.
– 2 – Join Nielson and upload all of the details for my books.
– 3 – Get the proofs of the new formats in large print and then release them on the world.
– 4 – Go direct to Barnes & Noble and Google Play.
– 5 – Buy my books from Amazon.
So there you have it. A lot is still in the works and others haven’t been touched yet, but, it is only half way through the year and I tend to knuckle down and get shit done in the homestretch.
Have you guys completed any tasks on your to do list this year, despite Covid?