Here is the second part of A LIST OF SHIT TO GET DONE!
BLOGGING/SOCIAL MEDIA (this is a big one)
First and foremost, I want to try and set out a better way of doing things. With everything I do, there’s always a backlog of work and it needs to change. I need to find a “happy” medium between blogging, writing/publishing, and time off. So…
– I decided that Jewel Divas Style will be my primary blog from now on. L.J. Diva and T.K. Wrathbone will be once a month newsletter style post dealing with what’s been done and what’s going to be done, along with the odd book release post. Whereas JDS is the one-stop shop for sparkle, fun and dancing under disco balls.
– I want to set up a proper schedule for all the work I do so I can take a day off each week and just do nothing, or read a book, watch tv, or potter around. Unless I make that day Friday when I do the housework, I’m not sure whether to make it Saturday or Sunday. I also want to NOT work until 12:30 each night. Long, hard hours are damn tiring.
I will pick one day a month to schedule blog posts on three websites and do them all at once. My writing schedule will be woven around it with time to write, and then edit and release.
– I also need to sort out a social media posting schedule and upload more often. I’m so slack that I had to post six months’ worth of blog posts to Pinterest. I’m thinking of pinning the month’s blog posts at the end of the month so they’re still new and fresh.
I’ll try and post to Insta/FB/TW more during the week, but it will be spread out across all names, not just one. That means, Tiara King, Jewel Divas Style, Jewel Divas, L.J. Diva, T.K. Wrathbone and Royal Star Publishing. Yep, I know, that’s a lot. I’m thinking one post per day to a different page (TK, JDS, TKW, LJD and RSP).
It also means finding more things to post about, which is why I uploaded ‘repost’ apps. Such posts will consist of weekly/monthly blog posts, outfits, books/authors/blurbs, poems/song lyrics (also from my book series). I can also repost content from my own pages to make up for a lack of posting.
– Comment more on other blogs. Been slack there too. I would like to follow a few more than I do, but with the way things have changed, I’m just not really a follower type anymore. With my writing coming full bore, I just can’t seem to spare the time, or day, to find people to follow on blogs. Or Facebook or Insta, for that matter. But I’ll try.
– I want to get mailing lists for my books, and newsletters set up on my websites, but I have to learn how to do it first, so that will take some time.
– I want to make over the websites for Tiara King, T.K. Wrathbone and Royal Star Publishing. Give them a new template, or a spruce up, to look more professional.
– Move my hosting/domain names to another company to save on money. I have seven c-panels, six websites, and many domain names, I need to save where I can.
– Reorganise all of my business costs so they are paid for and dealt with in the one year. I’ve already started that as my business names are due for renewal this year (they’re three yearly) and I’m making my way through the domain names and paying for three years, that way, I have the two years in between to spend on editing, publishing and other things.
And that leads me to my writing schedule…
Late last year, I finally managed to deal with the library issues that self-pubbed authors need to deal with. I uploaded all of the books to legal deposit (and then found a massive mistake in one, oi), contacted two library book distributors, and am in the process of sorting out public lending rights.
This year there will be less to do on the writing front…
– Get the Porn Star Brothers final instalment written, typed up, edited and released in September under L.J. Diva.
– Get this year’s instalments of the T.K. Wrathbone stories written, typed up, edited and released in the second half of the year with the paperback.
– Release multiple books across all three author names in large print, casebound hard covers and dust jacket hardcovers. And guess what? That’s already in the process and nearing release. YAY!
– Finish off the character lists I started, thanks to doing them for the Porn Star Brothers series, as I’ve now spread it across all books, and upload them to the ljdiva.com website.
But more to do on the business front…
– Get my print books into the National Library so I can apply for Public Lending Rights.
– Join Nielson and upload all of the details for my books so I can see how many are sold.
– Get the proofs of the new formats in large print, casebound and dust jacket hardcovers, and then release them on the world.
– Sign up to Barnes & Noble so I can sell direct on their website.
It will require me leaving B&N via Smashwords, and then leaving it for a couple of weeks until they’re gone from the B&N database. It will also mean I have to learn how to work the backend of B&N.
– See if I can go direct to Google Play.
They’ve not allowed signups for some time, but I went with Publishdrive in 2018 and they distribute to GP. However, GP decided to change things last year and now I have an account with GP. So, I’ll see what I can do.
– Buy my books from Amazon. We can’t buy proofs here in Aus anymore, not since the whole Aussie tax debacle, but I’m slowly buying them when Amazon dumps them on sale. Still got a few to go.
– LEARN NOT TO LEAVE EVERYTHING UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR!
Yep, that’s what I did last year. Put aside all the paperwork that wasn’t important or necessary last year and then come December and January I was working long days to try and get it done…in 40 plus degree smokey heat…with heat headaches, nerve issues, and swollen feet… Umm, yeah, Tiara, smart idea that…
So the plan is to utilise all long weekends throughout the year to get through paperwork and make sure everything is updated.
DON’T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!
That’s my updated and very lengthy list of shit to get done in 2020. There will be a shorter, bullet point, list come tomorrow.
So now I’ll ask y’all what your plans concerning work and social media are for 2020. If you’re up for discussing it, that is…
The Tote Trove says
Love this: “Whereas JDS is the one-stop shop for sparkle, fun and dancing under disco balls.”
The Tote Trove recently posted…Clarions for Marian (and Clarins Too)
Jewel Divas Style says
I like to think it is, Tote.