Here’s my usual yearly list of things to do, but this time, I’ve combined everything under every name together as most of it was the same. So they will be known by their initials, TK, LJD, TKW, JDS, JD, RSP.
As usual, green is for ‘done’ (which there’s a lot of already as I’ve done a lot in January), orange is for ‘in the process of’ (again, a lot already done), and red for ‘not fucking getting done’ (that won’t happen until the end of the year, though).
I have ALREADY achieved…
– 1 – Reorganised how I’m going to do things on LJD and TKW.
The blogs will be a monthly catch up, or newsletter style post talking about what I’ve done in the last month and what I’ve got planned for the next.
– 1.2 – Also reorganised how I’m going to do things on TK, JDS, JD and RSP.
– 2 – Changed LJD’s tagline to make it more about my author status and what I write as I move away from blogging.
It’s now the awesome line of Kick-Ass Author of Sexy, Sassy, Kick-Ass Romances!
Which, quite frankly, I am!
– 2.2 – Changed TKW’s tagline to make it more about what I write.
– 3 – Changed the background pic here at JDS. Isn’t she pretty!
– 5 – Updated my bios across my websites and all of my social media pages for TK, LJD, TKW, JDS, JD, RSP, as well as logos and headers for LJD and TKW.
– 5.1 – Added author timelines to my about pages for TKW and LJD of all the things I’ve done so far in my writing career. And a career timeline to TK. Which is a very, very, very long one.
– 5.2 – Reorganised my social media and updated my Pinterest boards for TK, TKW, LJD, JDS, and RSP.
My jewellery boards on JDS were moved into one for convenience, I removed pics of what I no longer have, and added lots of pics and posts to catch up on all of the blog posts I hadn’t pinned.
I have ALMOST achieved….
– 1 – The release of the four LJD standalone novels in large print and dust jacket hardcovers.
– 1.1 – The release of LJD’s Porn Star Brothers series in dust jacket hardcovers.
– 1.2 – The release of LJD’s Spiros & Jenny, the latest instalment of the Porn Star Brothers series, as a trade paperback in March.
– 2 – The release of the TKW’s trade paperback of Five Bone will be ready for March 2020, along with large print paperback, casebound hardcover and dust jacket hardcover.
– 2.1 – The release of ALL of TKW’s Bones books in casebound hardcovers, dust jacket hardcovers, and large print paperbacks.
– 3 – The release of the casebound hard covers of TK’s Poems Of A Musical Flavour along with the casebound hardcover and large print paperback of #Teenblogger: To Follow Or Not To Follow?.
I have these planned for doing…
– 1 – Write the next and last Porn Star Brothers book under LJD.
Consisting of five stories it should take as long as a normal novel, although my novels aren’t normal. I’m thinking 60 handwritten pages per story, so 2.5 notebooks, and about 3 weeks. But then, I never know what will happen when it comes to this family and these stories.
– 1.1 – Type them up, edit them, send them off for editing, edit some more.
– 1.2 – Get the covers done, check the proof, and release it as an e-book, paperback, and dust jacket hardcover in September to end the series.
– 2 – Write the next three stories and anthology under TKW.
– 2.1 – Type them up, edit them, send them off for editing, edit some more.
– 2.2 – Get the covers done, check the proofs, and release them in e-book, paperback, and hardcover formats in the second half of the year.
– 3 – Still see whether it will be worthwhile updating my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential under TK.
– 4 – Finish off the character lists I started, thanks to doing them for the Porn Star Brothers series as I’ve now spread it across all books, and upload them to LJD, TKW.
– 5 – Pick one day a month to schedule blog posts and weave my writing schedule around it.
– 5.1 – Comment more on other people’s blogs.
Been slack there, too. I would also like to follow a few more than I do, but with the way things have changed, I’m just not really a follower type anymore. With my writing coming full bore, I just can’t seem to spare the time, or day, to find people to follow on blogs. Or Facebook or Insta, for that matter. But I’ll try.
– 6 – Try and post to Insta, FB, TW more during the week across the board and pin to my Pinterest boards monthly.
– 7 – Get email mailing lists for my books, and newsletters set up on TK, TKW, LJD, and maybe JDS.
– 8 – Overhaul the websites for TK, TKW and RSP.
– 9 – I still want to get my jewellery back into its own website. I know I say this every year, but it’s still true. I still want it to happen.
On a personal note…
– 1 – Get my health sorted.
– 2 – Get my anger issues calmed down.
– 3 – Not work late into the night and every spare minute. Set a clock off time.
– 4 – Get a dog. Maybe.
On a business note…
– 1 – Get my print books into the National Library and apply for Public Lending Rights.
– 2 – Join Nielson and upload all of the details for my books.
– 3 – Get the proofs of the new formats in large print and then release them on the world.
– 4 – Go direct to Barnes & Noble and Google Play.
– 5 – Buy my books from Amazon.
That’s the bullet point yearly list of ‘shit to get done’ without the bullets. It’s bloody long, in’it?
So…what do you guys have planned for the year?