From the bullet point list at the beginning of the year, this is what I had not only already achieved by the time I started blogging, but what has been done since for a full year review.
Everything is combined under every name together as most of it’s the same. They’re known by their initials, TK, LJD, TKW, JDS, JD, RSP.
As usual, the stop light system is in full force with purple for updated notes.
I had ALREADY achieved…
– 1 – Re-organised business paperwork, folders, and payments.
– 2 – Closed down the Porn Star Brothers website to make life easier for myself, so that means the LJD website has had lots added to it which started last November.
– 3 – Updated the usual suspects of bios and timelines for TK, JDS, LJD and TKW.
– 4 – Updated the TKW website from the old Zombie theme with the blog on the front page, to the Author Pro theme with a front page and a few new pages. Click this link to see it!
– 5 – Organised all of the pictures for my blog posts for a good six months.
– 6 – Tried to learn the very basics of the new Picmonkey so I can still make blog pics. But at the end of the day, it’s problematic for a lot of reasons and for a lot of people. I can make basic things but not do my outfit collages, so I ended up finding befunky that is almost an exact copy of the old Picmonkey. So I already know how to use it.
– 7 – FINALLY managed to make newsletters for the LJD, TKW, and TK websites. I spent three days watching videos, reading books and blog posts to figure out how to do it and set it up. I don’t think I’ll be doing one for JDS, however, as I’m here every week, so to me there’s no point.
There was a whole lot more, but most of it had nothing to do with this year’s business plans. Although you will see most of the pics in coming posts.
I had ALMOST achieved these things and all were in orange but now they’re in…GREEN!!!
– 1 – Release the four LJD standalone novels in large print and dust jacket hardcovers.
– 1.1 – Release the Porn Star Brothers series in dust jacket hardcovers.
– 2 – Release ALL five sets of TKW’s Bones books in casebound hardcovers, dust jacket hardcovers, and large print paperbacks.
– 3 – Release the casebound hard covers of TK’s Poems Of A Musical Flavour along with the casebound hardcover and large print paperback of #Teenblogger: To Follow Or Not To Follow?.
I had these PLANNED for doing…and well…
– 1 – MAYBE write a novel under LJD. I’m not necessarily releasing it this year, but giving myself time to just write with no pressure. Or “free write” as I’m calling it.
– 1.2 – Release LJD’s And Always, the last instalment of the Porn Star Brothers series, as a trade paperback in March and hopefully a dust jacket hardcover as well.
As I said, the novel was just a maybe!
– 2 – Write the next six stories and ten anthologies under TKW since none were released last year. AT ALL!
– 2.1 – Type them up, edit them, send them off for editing, edit some more, etc, etc, etc…
– 2.2 – Get the covers done, check the proofs, and release them in e-book, paperback, and hardcover formats October 31st at the latest.
Only got three stories and five anthologies done for Six Bone which will be out in print next year, hence why it’s half done and in orange.
– 3 – Still see whether it will be worthwhile updating my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential under TK. It’s possible it might happen.
– 3.1 –Re-write and re-release my book on self-publishing under my name, which I originally released in 2014 under LJD, with all new information.
– 3.2 – MAYBE write a novel and release it in September or October under TK which is an unusual thing for me. But the concept of it is far from being an LJD book, so probably better under my name. It’s all going to depend on what gets written first, the novel, or all of the kid’s stories.
Well, look…it’s been a hectic year. 3 is on the back burner, 3.1 is under construction for next year, and 3.2 was just a maybe.
Other…which was all in black is now in…multi colours…
– 4 – Still pick one to two days a month to schedule blog posts and weave my writing schedule around it, comment more on other people’s blogs, and take the school holidays off to get shit done.
– 5 – Continue to post to Insta, FB, TW more during the week across the board and pin to my Pinterest boards monthly.
– 6 – Get my mailing lists for TK, TKW, and LJD done. The mailing lists are for the back of the books that usually contain a clickable link to a page where they can download a freebie if you have it. They then go to your newsletter list. Since I don’t yet have freebies, I don’t yet have a link for the books. But they will be set up by the end of June.
– 7 – Write reader magnets for those mailing lists.
– 8 – I’m actually considering doing some online writing classes to further my education on my craft. Who knows, it might just help. But then again, it might make me even more tired. AND it’s going to add costs to the budget, so I’ll need to consider which ones I do.
– 9 – Something MAY be happening in April, but at this point I’m not sure and won’t discuss it until it happens. IF it happens.
– 10 – So SOMETHING ELSE MAY also be happening around that, that has nothing to do with it, but pertains to my health. It’s a matter of budget and schedule.
– 11 – Overhaul the websites for TK and RSP. I wanted to do this last year but I’ve conceded it will be a slow process of one at a time throughout the year. And since I’ve already done the website for TKW, then RSP might be next. The deadline is June 30 but they’ve been put in the schedule.
Well, well, well…as you can see, this list went from black to a stop light. Green got itself done, *give me a high five!* and 9 and 10 were the gym and local writing group I’ve mentioned throughout the year, orange is in the process of as I did my personal website in May, and the website for TKW was done in January, so halfway there. The others will be on the list for next year. As for poor old red, those damn reader magnets and mailing lists didn’t get done.
Coming up I have the usual xmas/new year list of things to do which are the common yearly/summer things such as auditing the closet, wrapping up yearly finance diaries, shredding paperwork, going through emails, setting up the new year’s planners, and the list goes on.
Who knows what next year holds…
I do, and it’s a lot, as I’ve been rethinking and reorganising a lot of the ways I do things.
So things are afoot! But I’ll let you all know next year.
And remember those to-do lists I had drawn up? The ones listing pretty much everything above.
Here are the before and after pics for a FULL YEAR!
FULL YEAR BEFORE…nice and clean, but busy.
FULL YEAR AFTER…incredibly messy.
Green got done, orange was put off and then crossed out in red as it wasn’t going to get done, just crossed out in red was not going to get done at all, which is a pity, but then shit happens and you have to deal with it the best way you know how.
Let’s hope next year is slower.