Not a lot has happened, actually.
Besides fighting constant migraines and allergy issues January through March, and then April and May throwing up other issues such as the car needing repairs, the bathroom drain needing repairs, and trying to get other health issues fixed, it’s been a slow productive first half of the year.
I did finally get to write a novel, but that was a situation within itself.
I started writing one, got eight pages in and then thought, “if I want to release something in September, I can’t dilly-dally (yep, using this phrase shocked me, too) around trying to figure out how to write this book and it’s sequel. I need a stand-alone”. So I changed notebooks and started writing something else.
Which nearly failed dismally.
After spending weeks trying to hand write a novel, my brain decided it was time to stop hand writing everything and completely cut that step out of the equation, so I switched to typing it up and finally got it finished.
So I did manage to get ONE novel written, and I want to get it released, but there are a few others I’d like to do too.
Here’s an update on the bullet point list. Red is nowhere being done, which there’s a lot of, orange is in the process, green is done!
Under L.J. Diva…
– 1.1 – Write three novels or more…
– 1.2 – Type, edit. Get to my editor, and then edit some more.
– 1.3 – Format each version and get the covers done.
– 1.4 – Upload to Ingram and get proofs. Fix any issues or set up for release.
– 1.5 – Release the book and send out blog posts, add book quotes, character lists, etc, to website.
UPDATE: It was slow going at first, but I’ve written one novel so far. I’ve got my fingers crossed I’ll get started on the next come July and release this one come September. I need to get it edited and get the covers done, both of which will be happening in July.
Under T.K. Wrathbone…
– 1.1 – Get last year’s stories formatted and covers done.
– 1.2 – Get proofs and edit.
– 1.3 – Release some time in the year and do blog posts.
UPDATE: I formatted all four print versions early in the year. I just need to get the covers done and will likely have an October release.
Under Tiara King…
– 1 – Write a novel…
– 1.1 – Type, edit. Get it to my editor, and then edit some more.
– 1.2 – Format and get the covers done.
– 1.3 – Upload to Ingram and get proofs. Fix any issues or set up for release.
– 1.4 – Release the book and send out blog posts, add book quotes, character lists, etc, to website.
– 2 – Re-write my book on self-publishing.
– 3 – Write reader magnets under all three names for my mailing list. / Get my mailing list done.
– 4 – Go direct to Google Play and close down Streetlib/Pubdrive.
UPDATE: As you can see, NONE of this has happened as mentioned above with health and other issues.
– 1 – Pick one to two days a month to schedule blog posts, take the school holidays off to get shit done.
– 2 – Post to social during the week across the board and pin to my Pinterest boards monthly.
– 3 – Join TikTok and do videos for TikTok and Insta.
– 4 – I might do another online writing course or two.
– 5 – Continue with the local writers group.
– 6 – Make over the website for Royal Star Publishing and maybe L.J. Diva.
UPDATE: More of these happened than anything else.
But I mean, seriously, Universe, why bother giving me ideas for novels, but not the time or good health to get them written?
As for those lists I showed off at the beginning of the year, which ends up being slightly different to the bullet point list, here is the first half and here is the key.
Green Highlight – DONE
Orange Highlight – HALF DONE
Red Strike – NOT DONE AT ALL
Red Strike Orange highlight – DONE IN DIFFERENT MONTH
the tote trove says
It’s funny how tweaking one little thing can sometimes be a game changer. Congrats on cracking the code!
the tote trove recently posted…The Desk Clerk’s Day Off
Jewel Divas Style says
I don’t think I’m quite there yet.